Monday, November 4, 2013

Horse Love...Inspired by the Melbourne Cup

This week there has been horse fever in the air. The race that stops the nation will be run, the MELBOURNE CUP!! A race that is watched by over 17 million people world wide. Wowza!!

It's a crazy time here in Melbourne, celebs roll in, (I believe Naomi Campbell is here this time), women are dressed beautifully with the dresses & hats, spending hundreds of dollars. People are betting left right & centre, sipping champagne & everyone looks amazing.

I am not a punter, & don't really have a lot of interest in horse racing at all. Instead I take advantage of the public holiday, which is tomorrow. It will be a day to have a sleep in, go for a run, spend the day with my husband, & catch up on some work while he spends time with the kids.

Regardless of my lack of interest in the race, I do love to look at horses & found some gorgeous pieces for the home, or for the kids.


Sources 1.  2.  3.  4.  5.  6

My favourite item would have to be the pink horse from Monsoon...love it.

However you spend your day tomorrow, holiday or not, I hope it's a happy one.



No comments: