Wednesday, July 24, 2013

planning my Christmas range

It's time for me to start planning my Christmas range. I sit here & think to myself, already. It's only the end of July & I am in the middle of so many other projects. I am in the middle of getting samples made of all of my new products to be released. Once they are done, photos & editing need to be completed, then loading them into my store, & the fun part letting everyone know about them.

But I have to freeze for the minute & literally put on Santa's hat. Thinking about my favourite time of year isn't the hardest of tasks, & it's a time to lose hours upon hours while I search for ideas & inspirations. Love it!! I have loaded up my Christmas Pinterest board with inspiration, & after hours of pinning what felt like thousands of images, there was only a couple of hundred there. Without even realising, my eye has been quite drawn to the idea of a pink Christmas. It just looks so sweet, pretty, feminine, fresh & delicious. But there is no way I could design down that path only, I have little boys to design for.

Here are a few images that have sparked some interest. Yes they are very pink. But they also have a sweet nostalgic & vintage feel to them, which could be interpreted in so many ways.








































From everything I have gathered it's time to get some firm ideas down with some sketching.
I am very positive I will be creating the same Christmas items again, as in stockings, my ornamental pear & bunting. It's hard not to, as they were all received so well last year. Thank you x

However I have a new idea or two up my sleeve so I will need to plan & make a few mock ups of that also. Fun times ahead.

Off to draw...Have a great day.


No comments: