Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Updated blog design & layout

I went to post something else today, but it ended up being replaced with this post. I wanted to update my blog. A fresh design. A fresh look. I think as an artist it's so important to update when the mood strikes. Inspiration is important to me, I know instinctively I have to act when it comes, or I kind of lose the moment. I have been meaning to do it for ages, it was always on the back burner, but today it was dragging me & nagging me TO JUST DO IT!! So I did.

My love of colour never leaves me, & I didn't want to change my current colours too much. I will forever love turquoise that will never change, & that also goes for raspberry red. However I wanted the red a little softer, not pink, but not as bright. I am loving yellow also, it has such a freshness to it. White as it lifts everything, & also lately combined with a touch of grey, it goes with everything & has a real smoothness about it.






































Looking at my pinterest boards I noticed a colour theme happening, so I grabbed these images & they inspired to new look.

Here it is. What do you think? I know you would have noticed it when you opened to read, but I had to plonk it there as I love how the colours & images from my inspiration board are so on par with each other.


















After playing around with it for quite a while I am definitely very happy with the end result. I would like to add some other bits & bobs, & will get on to those later.

It's such a great feeling when you're super happy with something you've completed.

















No comments: