Thursday, August 2, 2012

Another night to remember

Last night I was lucky to go and see one of my favourite shows ever as a musical, Annie. I can not count the amount of times I watched this movie it as a kid, it represented my era, it was like Glee, but in the 80's. Well kind of. My mum won tickets this time round so it was an awesome freebie. 
There are my tickets, the view at intermission and of course the publicity shot. I was really impressed with the whole performance, Anthony Warlow was amazing, and Tod McKinney was amazing. I don't watch "Dancing with the stars", so I'm not that familiar with him or his credentials. However watching him dance was like him gliding effortlessly, man he can dance. Lots of parts were missing from the movie, but that's to be expected. I was a bit disappointed I didn't get to see Punjab saving Annie though.

The main gripe I have with the show is Annie having straight hair. Yep not a curl in sight until the end. It was a red bob with a heavy fringe. It looked lovely on the performer, but to me that's not Annie. The adorable, yet unattractive bright red curls are. It was just weird!



So inspired by the whole show I have created a print that is definitely going up in Charlotte's room. Besides the song "The sun will come out tomorrow", my favourite song is...."You're never fully dressed without a smile". It's just so damn true and cheery.

The size is my normal 40x30cm & instead of $35 I would love to offer it for $25. This is a blog and Facebook special that will last until Sunday night. If you would like to order one please email me....tigesandweince@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)
Kylie x


No comments: