Monday, June 6, 2011

More ways to find inspiration

You may have realised I am a little obsessed with maintaining your inspiration, as I guess I rely on it you could say.

I found a link today from a tweet, & unfortunately for the life of me I can't find who's it's from, so sorry if you're reading this. The link was a great one that I wanted to share with you.

"33 ways to stay creative".

Most of the points aren't anything you haven't heard or read before, but there were a couple of new ones that I quite liked.

source & image via today tomorrow

1. 'Don't force it', which I connected to immediately.
Sometimes when a drawing isn't working for me, I admit to forcing it to work. It's a very frustrating process. I need to just leave it for a few hours, or over night, and look at it again in the morning with a refreshed perspective.

2. 'Stop trying to be someone else's perfect.
I think this is a great point everyone needs to think about, especially me. I am a bit of a perfectionist and at times probably put to much pressure on myself, to make everything for everyone. I always stay true to my style, but always have in the back of my mind, will everyone love it. I have come to learn over many years, not everyone will love your work. As much as that is a slap in the face it's so true. So stop trying to be perfect for everyone else and work harder at trying to be better at what amazing work you're already doing.

3. Gets lots of rest
I know this is important, as I honestly believe your best ideas pop into your head as you're drifting off to sleep. Hence why its good the have a note book next to you. Unfortunately for me I am not always guaranteed of this as I have a 1yr old who doesn't believe she needs to sleep through the night. She is getting better, and I am sleeping more, and have had some lovely new ideas come to mind. Restful sleep equals awesome potential ideas and thoughts. It's definitely on my list for improvement, however still a bit out of my control.

This is a great list to read on a Monday to prepare you for the week. I hope that there are some points that help you out.

No comments: