Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fabric Choosing


Fabric choosing is a tough decision.

I have decided to streamline my range. I am making it more story orientated, so I need more coordinated fabrics. I am still extremely happy with the designs I currently have, but there are so many, and so many colours, hence my reasoning to do this.
Just incase you don't know what I mean by this, I want fabrics with same overall colour palette, however different pattern designs. So to up the anti, I have been on the hunt for a collective group of fabrics. This has been a long journey to date as I have had to source fabrics that will compliment, and not over take my own illustrations and pattern designs.

One of my BIGGEST, BIGGEST dreams is to one day design and print my own textile range. As this is not happening today, I am using other wonderful design work instead.

I recently came across a selection from PK Fabrics, and have taken a fancy to all of them.

designs by MODA

I like how they are full of colour of course, and their design details are not overwhelming.
I love how the colours are collective, and all cross over each other.

I am sitting on these over the weekend. Once I write this post I am not looking at them until Monday. Hopefully I will still love them just as much. I have lots of new ideas already on the go to work with these fabrics.

I just need to start getting it all together.



No comments: