Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Messy Routine

One of the biggest things in life I would just LOVE to achieve is being super dooper organised, and meticulously tidy.
I just can't escape it, my routine is

I do try very hard...
It's not through lack of effort...
Or not having the will to do so...
Does it have anything to do with having 2 kids under 3??
Should I stop using them as an excuse?
Who knows, maybe it's just time to accept it's just me.
The funny thing is, although I have a very messy and unstructured routine,
I still manage to somehow get it all done.
I email with the baby on my knee,
I sketch on the floor during outside play time,
I utilise the jolly jumper so I can cook in peace,
I try to wash fold and organise all at once when it's nap time ,
I post on facebook and check my online stores inbetween everything else,
I blog when it fits in,
and it just goes on and on.
The bulk of my online existence is at night.
They say "give something to a busy person and you will get it done".
My dad has always said that about me, maybe there is some truth involved.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have it any other way, I love to be busy and struggle with sitting still. Hubby always says, "Just relax it's like you have ants in your pants!!"
I just wish that everything in my life wasn't such a rush like I'm in a whirlwind.
Maybe I reading to many magazines on super women with there several children, perfect houses, and successful businesses. Is is all a facade? MMMM I sometimes wonder.
A final thought......
How lucky are women today to have the opportunities to have it all.
The world is our oyster ladies, lets go for it!!!


3 comments:

Lulu froufrou said...

I'm the same - I thrive with the chaos :) cant relax and always looking for the next thing to do. Don't think I would have it any other way either.

Adalita said...

I am a true multi-tasker. I have to be doing more than one thing to be productive! My partner hates it as it looks like I've left in the middle of doing things. The truth is I found something else important to while I wait!

Piccadilly Market said...

I don t think we are abnormal, so many people like us around. We are the doers. I must say I do get frustrated when other people cant get simple things done and I can multi task a zillion things. I too have an untidy home, I try and try and fail and fail. I do surprisingly have an organized mind and manage to pull everything off.