Sunday, October 31, 2010

The fun of Halloween

I am a proud Australian and there aren't many times when I am wishing I ever lived elsewhere.
Tonight I am wishing I lived in the USA.
Why??
Because of Halloween....It just seems like so much fun.
So what is this fun festive time all about?
According to Wikipedia - Halloween (or Hallowe'en) is an annual holiday observed on October 31, primarily in Canada, Ireland, the United States and the United Kingdom. It has roots in the Celtic festival of Samhain and the Christian holiday All Saints' Day, but is today largely a secular celebration. MMMM sounds too deep for me.
I am all about the costumes, and my favourite part, "Trick or Treat".
My two munchkins are a little to young to be undertaking any part in this as yet, but when the time comes I think I will enjoy knocking from door to door with them.
Meanwhile I have had a lot of fun looking through Etsy tonight to see what is available to celebrate this fun filled occasion.

No comments: