Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Finding Inspiration

It's a wonderful thing inspiration, and I am a big believe that it finds you when you least expect it. Last week while flicking through my 'Better Homes and Garden' BAM, this image caught my eye. It was fresh, subtle, and had such a vintage yet shabby appeal.
The thought of hanging in my home made my heart sing. I thought it was so beautiful, so I knew I had to use this inspiration somehow, in my on way.

So I created a new cushion, added some more colour, made sure it was pretty, it had to be really girly, and I used some words that make me happy.
When has inspiration found you? How does it usually find you?
What beautiful things have you done with it?

10 comments:

Jane said...

I've just added that to my unending list of Etsy favourites, Kylie - bravo you! Unfortunately, life on Planet Baby is so full, noisy and crazy that I have so little time to find inspiration, let alone act on it. That's why I enjoy reading the blogs of crafty people like you and admiring your handiwork. One day, when the pixies are a bit older, I suppose I'll have more time to allow inspiration to strike and actually do something about it! J x

Little Paper Trees said...

great post and i'm so impressed with the photos - well done!

Unknown said...

Hi popping over from BYW. BYW is giving me too much inspiration my head is spinning. Yesterday I created a lovely pin cushion from left over material and I am really happy with it. Putting it up on my blog on Friday. Lovely cushions, I love cushions.

Ann said...

Great job on the photos! I'm still working on the photo part of the byw class, so it's nice to see such a beautiful example! I love the pillow, too. It reminds me of a cake I had as a child.

Renee said...

I just made my way over from the BYW course and I love the layout you used for your image! Great job! xo

Pinecone Camp said...

Very inspiring post! Just popped over from BYW, and I love what I'm seeing. Your blog is fab.

Anastasia said...

great post - im a huge magazine addict, i think i just love pretty images...the cushion turned out adorable!

oscar and ruby said...

Wow! What a lovely cushion... and super photos too!

iam_artisan said...

I saw your post from BYW. Very nice photos you got there!thanks for sharing... It's very inspiring...
-thoughtsofartisan.blogspot.com

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Adorable cushion and your photos are amazing. Blessings from a fellow BYW student.

Fondly,
Glenda