Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Today's Recipe - Ham and Corn Muffins

I am struggling with Hudson's eating at the moment
All of a sudden he isn't eating anything I put in front of him, & believe me it's nothing he has never tasted before. If he could live on fish fingers & tomato sauce I think he would.
I am on a mission to get nutrients into him in to other disguised ways. So far mashed potato is working well with a white veggie, peeled zucchini or cauliflower, blended through it.

Sunday I made Ham and Corn Muffins. Unfortunately again he didn't eat them. I popped them in a cupcake patty pan & said they were cake.
NOPE!! He isn't a fool, I know he was wondering where the 'sweetness' was.
Oh well I really enjoyed, them & somebody else may find them a winner.
Now they are actually Corn & Bacon Muffins but I ham instead.

Ingredients
1 egg
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1tblsp baking powder
1 cup creamed corn
1 cup grated cheese
2 rashers bacon, cooked & chopped (I just chopped up a few slices of Virginian ham)

Method
* Make egg up to 3/4 cup of water (for those like me who wasn't sure what this was, it's an egg in a 3/4 cup & then fill cup with water)
* Add remaining ingredients & mix until combined
* Spoon in prepared muffin pan & bake at 200'C for 15-20 mins.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

So annoying! Don't know if this helps, but when I have toddler trickiness I offer them a "platter" and they can choose what and how much to eat. It might be cheese in funny shapes, grapes on toothpicks, carrot flowers, sultanas etc. Then I encourage them to make and eat a "face". Hmm, haven't had to do that for a while now! They still like a platter though - I think they like the feeling of being in control of what they eat. Good luck!