Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thank goodness Cadbury is Comming Back

I was watching ACA tonight & for those who didn't see it, there was a segment on how Cadbury was returning to it's original formula. You know for ages I have been wondering why the good ol' family block was tasting different, almost flavourless, greasy & plastic like. It was revealed that they stopped using 26% coco butter & replaced it with 21% palm oil. YUK!!! My taste buds were right along with the rest of the country. I am one of those people when I want to indulge I was to make all those goodness calories worth it. I dumped Cadbury as they had done their dash with me, and went straight to Toblerone which is still heaven in itself, but there is nothing like that famous glass & a half of milk. I only wonder now, when will the real deal be back on the shelves? My only assumption would be that the block is 250gm rather than the skimpy 200gm? If anyone else knows please let me know. In making my taste buds water I check out some Etsians who make the worlds favourite indulgence mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

4 comments:

DELiciousDesignz said...

I hear you - I saw that segment too , how can they get away with substituting cocoa for oil?? And yeah , I noticed that the blocks have become smaller now too - a rip off and foul tasting.

Those brownies look so divine - now you have given me a craving...mmm

Sandrine said...

You just make my mouth water....oh no! where is my chocolate fix?!!!

Little Eve said...

If you want a really scrummy bar of chocolate try Green & Blacks Organic for a treat. We used to buy Lindt milk chocolate for a treat, but this is even better.

Tania said...

Thanks for that. I was coping beautifully without a chocolate fix this evening - til I spotted all that lovely evil!!!