Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sit Back & Refocus

I have been a bit off the radar of late. You know sometimes you just need to sit back & refocus a little on where you business is heading and what you want to achieve.
I have also had some bad news about a family member which has left me a little distracted.
There has also been waiting on something desperately to arrive so I can start taking that next step, and getting some inspiration flowing.
I have a love of yardage prints, I think it stems from designing what feels like a zillion of them
when I worked full time.
As a designer I find it frustrating knowing I can draw them but getting them to the cloth is another story altogether. I found this fabulous book that I am planning to use as a step by step guide,
as I have heard some great reviews about it.
I am wanting to create placement prints at the moment, but who knows where it will develop to.
To read more on this book click on this link.
I also needed a bit of inspiration & direction as well and I can't recommend this enough. Even if you don't and are completely in control of you daily structure there are some great inspirational snippets of artists who started of like most of us and are now international companies. I was very inspired.

Click on the link if you want to read more.

Happy reading & enjoy, Ky xx

1 comment:

Sandrine said...

oh! I hope things are getting a bit brighter for you soon...Thanks for the books tips.
I found Gina's post quite interesting , you may want to have a read too?;)http://clutterpunk.blogspot.com/2009/06/your-top-tips-for-curing-craftstipation.html
x