Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Artist of the week - "Cassy from Jingerbella"

I haven't posted an artist of the week for a couple of weeks, and was really happy when when Cassy from "Jingerbella" contacted me wanting to share her fabulous collection of accessories with other fab Etsians.


Jingerbella has a fabulous collection of stunning handmade jewellery derived from a variety of materials including silver, handmade buttons, sterling silver findings and glorious swarovski crystals and pearls. Cassy's selection of fabrics are great, and sourced from some of our favourites Moda, Michael Miller and Amy Butler.

I gave Cassy my 8 tough questions (not) and here what she had to say;
1)Tell us a bit about yourself?
I'm 23 and working full time, I started learning to make jewellery during uni when I had a lot of time off but was never pleased with anything I made until I discovered buttons!I live in Melbourne with my partner and our dog and cat and I love to shop (discovering Etsy was horrible for my poor credit card), play with shiny new gadgets (my current favourite is my ebook reader) and watching Firefly over and over again.

2)Where did your business name come from?
It's really quite random but my nickname in primary school use to be Jinglebells... which wasn't very original so somehow it turned into Jingerbella when I trying to name my business!



birds of paradise


3)Tell us a bit about your business?
I sell jewellery and accessories that I make out of handmade buttons. I love finding new things to attach buttons and finding out what works and what doesn't. My buttons range from cute kawaii to artsy geometric shapes depending on the mood I'm in. I also love to work with sterling silver wire (hammering is great after a long day at work!) and I can never resist swarovski crystals.

4)What inspires you to create what you make?
The mood I'm in generally dictates what kind of fabrics I buy and use. Sometimes I'll want to make something really cutesy and other times I just want to make something really different. I also look at things I use every day and try to work out how I can attach a button to it!




animal farm badges

5)What do you think is the key to achieving successful sales?
I haven't discovered this secret yet but I am being told its promotion promotion promotion :) Joining the Etsy DUST team really helped too!

6)What is your favourite music/artist/movie/book/website?
I am currently listening to 'Wake Up' by Arcade Fire which is my favourite song at the moment. I do admit to cranking up the disney songs sometimes though. I saw Star Trek for the second time last week and it was as amazing as the first so that is my geeky side showing!Re-reading Breaking Dawn (Stephenie Meyer) because it always makes me happy I love hanging out in forums so Etsy, Dust Forums and Mactalk are my most frequented websites currently.






7)If you could interview anybody in the world who would it be?
I am completely blanking on this one. I would be terrible in an interview and probably go off topic so its probably a good idea I have no one in mind :)

8)Where is your next holiday destination?

Nothing planned at the moment but somewhere warm I hope!




And my favourite item............




a little tweet

Thanks Cassy for the insight you gave us not only to yourself but you business. Make sure you visit her Esty store to see the rest of her products :)

No comments: