Monday, December 29, 2008

Phew Christmas has past!!

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you all ate way more than you needed. There is something extremely satisfying knowing it's one day of the year you generally allow yourself all of those treats you strictly say no to on every other day. On the other hand it is very disturbing how sick we feel from doing this, & scarier knowing it's going to happen.

This year was my first Christmas a mum & I loved every second of it. Hudson had no idea of course but was absolutely fascinated with all of the paper. In the end I had to trade paper with him for some cellophane as I was a bit concerned about the amount of paper dissolving into his mouth. I do have one photo I would like to share which sums up the happiness on the day, Hudson and his Sesame Street Beanies.

I was so busy prior to Christmas, I am assuming like everybody else, hence my lack of posts. I took on a couple of hand made gifts at the last minute, that really pushed my boundaries.
I made a calender for my parents with every month featuring Hudson, boy what a tedious challenge. I had a pile of unused scrap booking papers that I used to complete this. That was therapeutic cleaning all of that out in a useful manner. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of it as it turned out great. I will get one though.
I also made 2 personalised cushions for close family friends children Jacinta & Katia. This was great fun and I think I will add new versions of these on my etsy shop in the near future. What do you think?








I have been quite productive over this Christmas break. I think it's because my husband Daniel is home & I can have an hour or two to myself. I have started the quilt I mentioned on my last post & it's coming along well. I love the colour combinations. Here is a picture of just the top layer.

I can't say I am enjoying my time off work, as I don't work at an office, but am really enjoying home with Hudson & Daniel. I received a mountain bike for Christmas, so Daniel has decked us all out so Hudson can come along. We have a little seat attached to the back of his bike. We all did a family ride yesterday & Hudson seemed to enjoy it, well there were no tears anyway. I loved every bit of it. I couldn't think of a better was to keep fit.
Kylie x

No comments: