Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gotta get back on track

I have been a little under the weather this week and I am feeling kind of back to normal today. I think it is this time of year racing around trying to get everything done, and of course please everybody. Burning the candle at both ends doesn't do well for me, i don't last the long distance. Anyway I think half the problem is not eating enough & more importantly not exercising. I am one of those people who needs fresh air & a walk gets my blood flowing & in a more positive mind space. I have walked 2 days in a row now & it's amazing how much better I feel.
I would love to hear from all you working women/mothers out there how they manage to do everything. Fill me in on you time management skills.
It was my birthday on Monday 8th, I turned 33, what a boring number. I was very spoilt my beautiful husband bought me tickets to Alicia Keys, & a spa package which will involve a body scrub, foot, hand & head massage, which will include a hot rock massage. I have never done this before, I will keep you posted. I think it is something I will save for 2009. I also received my very first "Happy Birthday" card from my angel Hudson. To be honest I think it was the best present ever. It is so amazing how something so simple can create the biggest joy.

I also received a very exciting gift from a great friend of mine Belinda. She bought me Amy Butlers - little stitches for little one. I am so thrilled I don't know where to begin, well what to sew. I better get a move on as Hudson is 7 months and her amazing creations go to 12 months. Over the Christmas break I think i will be mastering some of her assignments. Will keep you posted.
With the inspiration of Amy Butler I have gone & bought fabric to make Hudson a quilt. I have never done this before, I am not intimidated by it, just hoping it will look fab. What do you think of my colour palette? Also any easy tips on the art of quilting will be greatly appreciated.

I am still waiting to start the 2 cushions I am making that I posted about last time. I have created the designs but that's about it. I will have something to show soon.

No comments: